Saturday 20 July 2013

LOS ANGELES PHOTO DIARY


Visiting NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and SpaceX were the highlights of my trip. Remember that room where the Curiosity rover landing was filmed last year and you saw Bobak Ferdowsi a.k.a Mohawk guy?  We were lucky enough to sit in those very seats! (I even caught a glimpse of Mr. Mohawk but I'm unsure he wanted more attention drawn to that fabulous hair). SpaceX was inspiring. A dream machine, entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk defintiely is the real life Tony Stark. He simply employs people that can build. No need to be a rocket scientist, I saw men and women from all backgrounds building the Dragon capsule that takes both cargo and humans into space and stages of the Falcon 9 rocket. 

LA is beautiful both in the day and night. The bubblegum pink sunsets and paradise-like Venice beach have now given me an obsession with palm trees...if only the UK was warm enough. Guess I'll have to make do with the good old Oak tree. I was a standard tourist and visited Hollywood Boulevard. Shamelessly celebrity spotting in the Hollywood Trader Joes, I saw zero famous faces but did spot the Moon Landing plaque outside commemorating Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin (Buzz Aldrin to you and me)  & Michael Collins for orbiting, landing and walking on the Moon for the first time in human history 44 years ago today.

After watching another stunning LA sunset at Griffith Observatory  I took the obligatory Hollywood sign photograph before heading back on the 7 hours drive up to San Francisco. It's very different here in NorCal, I personally prefer the cooler weather of SF but I'd definitely recommend visiting SoCal and all the palm trees it has to offer!

-Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...